Selected Stories of Philip K. Dick
|Author:||Philip K. Dick
Houghton Mifflin, 2013
Pantheon Books, 2002
This book does not appear to be part of a series. If this is incorrect, and you know the name of the series to which it belongs, please let us know.
|Avg Member Rating:||
Selected Stories of Philip K. Dick contains twenty-one of Dick's most dazzling and resonant stories, which span his entire career and show a world-class writer working at the peak of his powers.
In "The Days of Perky Pat," people spend their time playing with dolls who manage to live an idyllic life no longer available to the Earth's real inhabitants. "Adjustment Team" looks at the fate of a man who by mistake has stepped out of his own time. In "Autofac," one community must battle benign machines to take back control of their lives. And in "I Hope I Shall Arrive Soon," we follow the story of one man whose very reality may be nothing more than a nightmare. The collection also includes such classic stories as "The Minority Report," the basis for the Steven Spielberg movie, and "We Can Remember It for You Wholesale," the basis for the film Total Recall. With an introduction by Jonathan Lethem, Selected Stories of Philip K. Dick is a magnificent distillation of one of American literature's most searching imaginations.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction - essay by Jonathan Lethem
- Beyond Lies the Wub - (1952)
- Roog - (1953)
- Paycheck - (1953)
- Second Variety - (1953)
- Impostor - (1953)
- The King of the Elves - (1953)
- Adjustment Team - (1954)
- Foster, You're Dead - (1955)
- Upon the Dull Earth - (1954)
- Autofac - (1955)
- The Minority Report - (1956)
- The Days of Perky Pat - (1963)
- Precious Artifact - (1964)
- A Game of Unchance - (1964)
- We Can Remember It for You Wholesale - (1966)
- Faith of Our Fathers - (1967)
- The Electric Ant - (1969)
- A Little Something for Us Tempunauts - (1974)
- The Exit Door Leads In - (1979)
- Rautavaara's Case - (1980)
- I Hope I Shall Arrive Soon - (1980)
No excerpt currently exists for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
No alternate cover images currently exist for this novel. Be the first to submit one!