Hart & Boot & Other Stories
Night Shade Books, 2007
This book does not appear to be part of a series. If this is incorrect, and you know the name of the series to which it belongs, please let us know.
|Avg Member Rating:||
Tim Pratt's (Little Gods, The Strange Adventures of Rangergirl) Hart & Boot is a stunning collection of thirteen stories of the fantastic. Critics have called Pratt's short fiction "Quite Gaimanesque..." and this comparison is not unfounded. His straightforward storytelling techniques, combined with an uncanny ability to convey a sense of wonder and the fantastic, are part of the reason why the title story to this collection was selected by Michael Chabon for inclusion in The Best American Short Stories 2005 anthology.
Tim Pratt has been nominated for the Nebula, the John W. Campbell, and the Mythopoeic Fantasy awards, and his work (including "Bottom Feeding," herein) routinely finds its way to the Locus Recommended Reading lists. In 2005, he won the Norton Award. His fiction has appeared in numerous anthologies and magazines, including Polyphony, The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror, Lenox Avenue, The Third Alternative, and Realms of Fantasy.
Table of Contents:
- Hart & Boot - (2004) - shortstory
- Life in Stone - (2004) - shortstory
- Cup and Table - (2006) - shortstory
- In a Glass Casket - (2004) - shortstory
- Terrible Ones - (2004) - shortstory
- Romanticore - (2003) - shortstory
- Living with the Harpy - (2003) - shortstory
- Komodo - (2007) - shortstory
- Bottom Feeding - (2005) - shortstory
- The Tyrant in Love - (2005) - shortstory
- Impossible Dreams - (2006) - shortstory
- Lachrymose and the Golden Egg - (2004) - shortstory
- Dream Engine - (2006) - novelette
- Story Notes - essay
No excerpt currently exists for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
There are currently no reviews for this novel. Be the first to submit one! You must be logged in to submit a review in the BookTrackr section above.
No alternate cover images currently exist for this novel. Be the first to submit one!