open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." - Robert A. Heinlein
- (Added by: Administrator)

Looking for a particular adult illustrated sci-fi/fantasy magazine from the early 80s
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> SF/F/H ChatMessage format

SirRoland
Posted 2024-03-02 1:53 PM (#29414)
Subject: Looking for a particular adult illustrated sci-fi/fantasy magazine from the early 80s

New User

I'm looking for a specific issue of an adult illustrated sci-fi/fantasy magazine that got me in trouble with my parents when I was in 6th/7th grade (approx. 1980-81). The issue in question had a story that included a scene where a woman enters the room and disrobes, only to be strangled topless a few panels later (it was a pretty misogynist image so my parents were right to take it away from me at that age, but it was frustrating nonetheless). I was only able to get it past my mom at the grocery store by telling her it was just a typical sci-fi comic, which makes me think the cover was fairly innocuous and the word Adult was nowhere on the cover.

I don't think it was Heavy Metal, or 1984/94 or Epic Illustrated, as all of those have Adult on the cover (along with risque cover art). It might be Eerie but I wasn't able to find it in any issues from that period either. If the little I am able to remember of the story sounds familiar to anyone, let me know. I'm not so much interested in the image; I'm more interested in how I got the magazine past my mom. :-D
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)