open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." - Harlan Ellison (Paladin of the Lost Hour)
- (Added by: Administrator)

SWEET OBLIVION - A WAR OF THE WORLDS STORY
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> WWEnd Member ProjectsMessage format

Star Eater
Posted 2024-01-10 2:32 AM (#29208)
Subject: SWEET OBLIVION - A WAR OF THE WORLDS STORY

New User

Hello friends!

I have recently published a science-fiction book online after a couple years of rather agonising work and I thought this might be a nice place to mention its existence! It's called Sweet Oblivion and it's a retelling of The War of the Worlds set in the modern day. Now, I know what you're thinking - "but that's been done. Literally a thousand times." And you'd be right. But (and I know those past thousand authors also said that, but bear with me) have any of them been truly obsessive about following the individual beats of the book in meticulous detail and translating every single one into a modern setting? Probably not. Read Sweet Oblivion alongside the original text and you'll marvel, marvel I say, at how faithful and respectful an adaptation it is. But not to worry - there is also an original story going on in those pages, too. And it's got things to say and things it does that might really, really surprise you. Please see the link below for more!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C1ZHV2W9

All the best!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)