open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "The will to be stupid is a very powerful force, but there are always alternatives." - Lois McMaster Bujold
- (Added by: Administrator)

Picture for Author
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

lisagarrity
Posted 2023-12-12 1:10 PM (#28624)
Subject: Picture for Author

Veteran

Hi, a book that you've added for me lacks an author picture. I have seen pictures of her on the web but i can't tell if there are copywrite issues if I post a copy of the picture for you to add. How do I tell if it is okay to post to you? Thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2023-12-12 7:27 PM (#28625 - in reply to #28624)
Subject: RE: Picture for Author

Admin

lisagarrity - 2023-12-12 1:10 PM Hi, a book that you've added for me lacks an author picture. I have seen pictures of her on the web but i can't tell if there are copywrite issues if I post a copy of the picture for you to add. How do I tell if it is okay to post to you? Thanks!

We use author images under basic fair use rules. We usually source them from Amazon, publisher websites, or the author's website etc. If you give me the author's name I can usually find an image.

Of the 7,311 authors on WWEnd we have pictures for 6,243 which is 85%. Not too shabby.

lisagarrity
Posted 2023-12-13 1:04 PM (#28627 - in reply to #28624)
Subject: Re: Picture for Author

Veteran

It's for Emily Brill-Holland who edited one of the New Zealand Year's Best Anthology. She also acts. Most of the pictures I see for her are related to her acting career.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)