open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it." - George Orwell
- (Added by: Administrator)

Using book lists
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

caseyjay
Posted 2015-01-31 12:06 PM (#9417)
Subject: Using book lists

New User

Hi All, have just joined and am loving this site. I have a collection of scraps of paper in my wallet that tell me what I am looking for and what I have read. I mainly search in used bookstores for these gems. Now with your site, I can keep track of what I have read and what I am looking for. And I love the award lists. I use these extensively to find the candidates that I want to search for. I don't always carry my phone with me, so I wondered if you might want to make it possible to extract or view the My World book lists as text, so I could just gather up a compact list of author, title for all the books I am looking for. This way, when I am in the bookstore, I just start at the letter-A authors and go on down the alphabet. Even if you don't provide this, I love your site and will be a frequent user here. Thanks again
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2015-01-31 12:26 PM (#9418 - in reply to #9417)
Subject: RE: Using book lists

Admin

caseyjay - 2015-01-31 12:06 PM Hi All, have just joined and am loving this site. I have a collection of scraps of paper in my wallet that tell me what I am looking for and what I have read. I mainly search in used bookstores for these gems. Now with your site, I can keep track of what I have read and what I am looking for. And I love the award lists. I use these extensively to find the candidates that I want to search for. I don't always carry my phone with me, so I wondered if you might want to make it possible to extract or view the My World book lists as text, so I could just gather up a compact list of author, title for all the books I am looking for. This way, when I am in the bookstore, I just start at the letter-A authors and go on down the alphabet. Even if you don't provide this, I love your site and will be a frequent user here. Thanks again

Welcome to WWEnd, caseyjay!  I'm glad you like the site so much.  You're using it exactly as we had hoped people would.  It's all about finding great books to read.

Your request is something that's already on our list of updates.  We call it "Bookstore Mode".  It's pretty much exactly what you're asking for.  On each of the awards and lists and in the My World section, we'll have some filtering options to let you filter out the books you've already read and produce a simple text listing of the remaining books in alpha by author order that you can view on your phone or print to take with you when you're at the bookstore.  You'll be able to make a clean sweep from A to Z in your search instead of flitting about like a maniac from one end to the other.  Been there, done that many a time

Now here's the bad news.  Our list of updates is mighty long and Bookstore Mode is not at the top.  You can see a list of what we're planning in this thread:

https://www.worldswithoutend.com/mbbs22/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1242&posts=11&highlight=bookstore%20mode&highlightmode=1#M9029

I will say that it's a feature I'm very eager for as well so I'l try and squeeze it in there between major upgrades.

Thanks for the suggestion and the feedback.  We have a great community here and we're always happy to hear from the new folks.  Cheers!

Dlw28
Posted 2015-02-01 12:42 PM (#9453 - in reply to #9418)
Subject: Re: Using book lists

Extreme Veteran

Excited to see the list of upcoming features! However it looks like the hyperlink didn't take- or my iPad is being wacky....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)