Aye, and Gomorrah: And Other Stories
|Author:||Samuel R. Delany
This book does not appear to be part of a series. If this is incorrect, and you know the name of the series to which it belongs, please let us know.
|Avg Member Rating:||
A father must come to terms with his son's death in the war. In Venice an architecture student commits a crime of passion. A white southern airport loader tries to do a favor for a black northern child. The ordinary stuff of ordinary fiction--but with a difference! These tales take place twenty-five, fifty, a hundred-fifty years from now, when men and women have been given gills to labor under the sea. Huge repair stations patrol the cables carrying power to the ends of the earth. Telepathic and precocious children so passionately yearn to visit distant galaxies that they'll kill to go. Brilliantly crafted, beautifully written, these are Samuel Delany's award-winning stories, like no others before or since.
Table of Contents:
- The Star Pit - (1967) (listen to the 1967 radio version here)
- Corona - (1967) (read here)
- Aye, and Gomorrah... - (1967) (read here)
- Driftglass - (1967) (listen to an audio reading here)
- We, in Some Strange Power's Employ, Move on a Rigorous Line - (1968)
- Cage of Brass - (1968)
- High Weir - (1968) (read here)
- Time Considered as a Helix of Semi-Precious Stones - (1968)
- Omegahelm - (1981)
- Among the Blobs - (1988)
- Tapestry - (2003)
- Prismatica - (1977)
- Ruins - (1968)
- Dog in a Fisherman's Net - (1971)
- Night and the Loves of Joe Dicostanzo - (1970)
- Of Doubts and Dreams - (1981)
No excerpt currently exists for this novel. Be the first to submit one!
There are currently no reviews for this novel. Be the first to submit one! You must be logged in to submit a review in the BookTrackr section above.
No alternate cover images currently exist for this novel. Be the first to submit one!