open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "The frailty of everything revealed at last. Old and troubling issues resolved into nothingness and night. The last instance of a thing takes the class with it. Turns out the light and is gone. Look around you. Ever is a long time. But the boy knew what he knew. That ever is no time at all." - Cormac McCarthy (The Road)
- (Added by: Emil)

Looking for a title
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Welcome to Worlds Without End! -> New Features & NewsMessage format

Toronaga
Posted 2023-02-05 10:56 PM (#26809)
Subject: Looking for a title

New User

Hello all,
I'm not sure I'm doing this correctly so I apologize in advance.

I am 75 and have been reading SciFi for 60+ years. There is a book that I read around 20 years ago I believe and I can't remember its title. If any of you happen to know the title; after I give a brief description of the story I would very much like to know what it is.

The story takes place on earth and there is a rouge planet heading toward our planet. One of the main characters tells his wife that the planet will be very close in its passing and he thinks that he will be able to fly their airplane from earth to the atmosphere of the other planet. His scheme works but soon he sees that the planet is populated by creatures who are about 7 feet tall with human like bodies but heads that resemble apes.

As the two planets start to move away from each other, he sees that now he can't fly back to earth. He and his wife try exploring the planet and soon he is killed by the creatures and his wife is made the property of one of these creatures. From there the story continues about her existence as a slave.

Thank you in advance if you, or someone remembers the title of this book.

Ken
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)