open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I want to stay as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center." - Kurt Vonnegut
- (Added by: Administrator)

Search or Browse Books by # of reads/reviews
Moderators: Admin

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Web Site Feedback -> Comments & SuggestionsMessage format

Vendark
Posted 2019-08-11 12:15 AM (#21227)
Subject: Search or Browse Books by # of reads/reviews

The WWEnd Most Read list was recently limited to books with 450+ member reads, instead of the previous 100 read threshold. I understand the reason for this change, as the list had become somewhat unwieldy, but I for one found the old list was frequently useful in bringing to light books that were popular by most definitions but that had not yet come to my attention.

I don't suggest going back to the old list, but some way of searching the database for a range of reads (eg 50-80, 200-300, etc) or sorting the yearly lists by number of reads, or anything similar, would be a useful tool.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2019-08-14 9:07 PM (#21236 - in reply to #21227)
Subject: RE: Search or Browse Books by # of reads/reviews

Admin

Vendark - 2019-08-11 12:15 AM The WWEnd Most Read list was recently limited to books with 450+ member reads, instead of the previous 100 read threshold. I understand the reason for this change, as the list had become somewhat unwieldy, but I for one found the old list was frequently useful in bringing to light books that were popular by most definitions but that had not yet come to my attention. I don't suggest going back to the old list, but some way of searching the database for a range of reads (eg 50-80, 200-300, etc) or sorting the yearly lists by number of reads, or anything similar, would be a useful tool.

We had another request to make the list longer in another thread and I offered to make it 200 if enough folks what a longer list. The 3.0 site will have filtering and sorting options built into the lists, awards, search, etc. that will likely give you what you want. When that will be a reality is beyond me at the moment. Life keeps getting in the way of progress.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)