open

Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Forums

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: I had this story from one who had no business to tell it to me, or to any other.--Edgar Rice Burroughs (Tarzan of the Apes)
- (Added by: lisagarrity)

Identifying books I've read that need reviews
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Welcome to Worlds Without End! -> New Features & NewsMessage format

NateT
Posted 2016-12-05 10:05 AM (#14665)
Subject: Identifying books I've read that need reviews

I was just browsing through my read books list and started wondering how many of them have zero reviews. It seems to me that I have to open each book's page to see if it has been reviewed. Is there any way of seeing this information at a glance instead? If not, I'd like to put in a request for this feature.

NT
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Administrator
Posted 2016-12-05 11:22 AM (#14666 - in reply to #14665)
Subject: RE: Identifying books I've read that need reviews

Admin

NateT - 2016-12-05 10:05 AM I was just browsing through my read books list and started wondering how many of them have zero reviews. It seems to me that I have to open each book's page to see if it has been reviewed. Is there any way of seeing this information at a glance instead? If not, I'd like to put in a request for this feature. NT

Hi Nate, that an interesting request.  You can go to the Books Reviewed page and select Books I've Tagged to get a list of all the books you've tagged as read, or want to read that have already been reviewed.  That gets you close.  Any book you have tagged as read that does not have a review will be missing from that list.

NateT
Posted 2016-12-06 9:35 AM (#14671 - in reply to #14666)

I just tried that and, yes, it is somewhat easier to determine that a particular book does have a review. I scanned through my Books I've Read list, found Earth Afire by OSC which I consider to be review-worthy, and bounced over to the reviewed books tab and verified that it was already reviewed. A little clunky, but definitely faster than opening the book page and scrolling to the bottom.

What I had in mind is more like this: I'm scrolling through my Books I've Read list and suddenly say to myself: "Look at that, none of the Freedom books by Ann McCaffrey have been reviewed. People need to know how great that series is!" That's my vision for why it would be a great feature that would enhance the (already really great) WWEnd site.
Administrator
Posted 2016-12-06 7:36 PM (#14673 - in reply to #14671)

Admin

NateT - 2016-12-06 9:35 AM I just tried that and, yes, it is somewhat easier to determine that a particular book does have a review. I scanned through my Books I've Read list, found Earth Afire by OSC which I consider to be review-worthy, and bounced over to the reviewed books tab and verified that it was already reviewed. A little clunky, but definitely faster than opening the book page and scrolling to the bottom. What I had in mind is more like this: I'm scrolling through my Books I've Read list and suddenly say to myself: "Look at that, none of the Freedom books by Ann McCaffrey have been reviewed. People need to know how great that series is!" That's my vision for why it would be a great feature that would enhance the (already really great) WWEnd site.

Yeah, I see what you're after and I like it.  But we're in the midst of a complete site re-design so we holding off on new features, aside from the ones we have in mind for the re-do, until after the re-launch.  It may be a while before you see this one come about.  I hope that stop gap will help you in the mean time.

NateT
Posted 2016-12-15 1:24 PM (#14718 - in reply to #14673)

Administrator - 2016-12-06 7:36 PM

Yeah, I see what you're after and I like it. But we're in the midst of a complete site re-design so we holding off on new features, aside from the ones we have in mind for the re-do, until after the re-launch. It may be a while before you see this one come about. I hope that stop gap will help you in the mean time.

Can't wait for it to go live! Will here be a beta version that we can check out sometime before the re-launch?
Administrator
Posted 2016-12-15 6:32 PM (#14722 - in reply to #14718)

Admin

There will be a short beta for our Ubers to help us test some new features but prolly only a week or so. Best case is 3 months out but more likely 6 at this point. Real life is constantly getting in the way.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)